We had an amazing turnout for the first Happy Community Project in Sackville NS.
We have a solid base of approximately 30 people who bring amazing experience, leadership and skills and I am truly honored. And we have the commitment from many to move this forward to its next steps. I am excited to see what comes of this.
But first – here is my take on what happened last night.
- We affirmed that community happiness is a worthy goal in its own right.
- We affirmed that happiness in our communities is not to be taken for granted, that it takes deliberate action to build and sustain it.
- We affirmed that our communities are not broken and don’t need fixing.
- We also identified several opportunities where we can contribute to building and maintaining happiness in our community (see the attached)
- We affirmed that building and maintaining happiness involves all citizens, NGO’s, business and governments
And the most exciting part of … Read the rest